Hello,

I am new to sqlite.  So far I've been very impressed by it. We
are using it as the backend of an open-source MAPI message store.
Still struggling with locking issues, but looking  alright.

Question, why as the encode and decode funtions been removed?
Did they perform badly, are there bugs? Caveats?

We have incorporated the old source into our project, though I
hate to rely on dead code.  Should we switch to base64?  One
very attractive feature of sqlite_encode was that it did minimal
encoding, hence it was more effecient that base64.

Thanks,
Kervin