----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Cote" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] new uploads

ok, Denis I have fixed the bug and uploaded the new version of
sqlite3Explorer. thanks for pointing it out.

BTW, I have some comments on your database sample:

1. the bug was triggered by the definition of foreign keys. you use the
syntax:

 create table x(
   device_id integer references Device

it would be more appropriate to do this:

 create table x(
   device_id integer references Device(Device_ID)

this gives more complete information for the schema.

also, I noticed that you use mixed semantics in your column typing:

Integer
Integer(5)
Varchar
varchar(32)

If you plan to use the strong typing of SqliteExplorer, you should be more
consistent, and use :

integer
varchar(32)

what is the meaning of varchar without a size ? did you mean a text blob ?
if so, use the definition CLOB, which will give your
column text affinity, which is something you want in order to avoid
unnecessary attempts to convert to numeric values. true, the "varchar"
definition also gives you TEXT affinity, but, since there IS a "preferred"
type to declare text blobs, (CLOB), why not use it ? Sqlite3Explorer will
recognize it, and give you a multi-line editor to edit/display this field.