Hi Joerg,

Plenert, Joerg wrote:

Hi Ulrik,

picture this:

A user types a query with output of fields from two ore more tables. Now, before you output the
data, you'll check if the user has the right to
see the data in the fields.

So I check if the columns name is in my
"allowed" list. Because two tables may have
a column with the same name I need the table
name to make it unique.

But SQLite does not deliver the table name to
the column returned.

MySQL for example delivers this information in MYSQL_FIELD
struct. Here you'll get the name, original name of column and
table of each coulumn in result set.

OK, I think I get it.  For example:

SELECT ET.x, MT.y
FROM ET employee_table, MT manager_table
WHERE ET.id = MT.id;

So you want to know that column x comes from table employee_table and column y comes from table manager_table.

Sorry, I can't help you any more than helping clarify what you want. I don't know whether you can do what you want already, or whether it's a real feature-request.

Regards,

Ulrik P.

--
Ulrik Petersen, MA, B.Sc.