Friday, February 4, 2005, 3:09:59 PM, Clark Christensen wrote:

> So, my question is, true or false:, if I want to use
> SQLite's date/time functions against field values, my only
> real option is to store YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS time strings.
> Any other value, whether YYYYMMDD, julian day number,
> MM/DD/YYYY, etc. (with or without the time portion), would
> leave me with having to do all format conversions in my app
> code.

False.

You may store the date/time in any of these text formats:

 YYYY-MM-DD
 YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM
 YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
 YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.SSS
 HH:MM
 HH:MM:SS
 HH:MM:SS.SSS

or you may store the date/time as a number. The number can be a Julian
Day Number, a unixepoch, in local or gmt. There are many other numeric
options that require a bit of SQL pre-processing to be used by...

You can format the date in a variety of ways within SQL queries.

http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=DateAndTimeFunctions