>Do mind sharing or explaining your changes?

No..  But I should have gave more information.  My changes were for
the TCL SQLITE code, and just affected the way TCL accesses the
library.

I was also getting the schema errors when I was using a single
threaded app.  I was opening two instances but only one was in a write
operation (or read for that matter ) at any given time.

What you should do is check the operation specifically for this error
and when you encounter it, try to re-execute the command repeatedly
until it goes through.  I found when I did get the error, retrying the
same operation was successful -- and that is the same advice I saw
earlier from the author of SQLITE.  Personally, I would probably put a
fail safe in the code to prevent an infinite loop.

In fixing my problem, I did not use that method.  Instead I passed in
the pointer for the SQLITE DB I already had open to the TCL
interpreter, and had TCL use the already opened DB pointer instead of
opening another instance.  This seems to take care of the problem, but
is a poor choice on a multi-threaded app.

If you are using TCL, let me know I can send you the code, which is
short and just adds another command line switch for the TCL sqlite3
instruction.

Randall Fox