Hi Stefan,

> Hi,
>
> I have released a new version of my task tracking software Yatt. It's
> based on SQLite.
> The new version adds a bunch of new features including user management
>  from the
> html interface. You can find it on www.yatt.de. It's freeware.
>
> It's currently using SQLite 2.8.x. I am thinking about upgrading to 3.1.x.
> Is there
> an automated tool for converting a database from 2.8 to 3.1, which I could
> give to
> users for simplifying the upgrade? I mean a tool, which opens the old
> database, reads
> the scheme, creates a new database and copies all entries. Or do I have to
> build
> something myself? I know this can be done from the commandline, but that's
> not an
> option for normal users - especially on windows, I think.

I don't think it would be hard to do yourself.  Here's how:

1) Extract the code for the ".dump" meta-command from shell.c in SQLite
2.8.15.

2) Make a program that consists of:
    a) The code extracted in (1)
    b) SQLite 2.8.15.
    c) The latest SQLite3
    d) Some glue code

As far as I know, SQLite 2.8 is supposed to be able to co-exist in the
same binary as SQLite3.

Otherwise, why don't you supply a .bat file that does the job?  It can, of
course, be run from within your program.

HTH

Ulrik Petersen
--
Ulrik Petersen, Denmark