On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 08:23:59AM -0500, D. Richard Hipp wrote:
> Version 3.1.2 is also (by coincidence) the first stable release
> of the 3.1 line.  SQLite 3.1 adds support for correlated subqueries,
> autovacuum, autoincrement, ALTER TABLE, and other features.
>
> Please let me know if you find any problems with either release.

with 2.8.16 and 3.0.8, i had to set the following in the environment in
order for the tcl headers and library to be properly found:

config_TARGET_TCL_LIBS="-L${LOCALBASE}/lib -ltcl84 -lm"
config_TARGET_TCL_INC="-I${LOCALBASE}/include/tcl8.4"

(where ${LOCALBASE} is set to /usr/local)

now with 3.1.2 i use --with-tcl=${LOCALBASE}/lib/tcl8.4 as an
argument to configure and sqlite links to tcl properly, but it cant find
the headers.  somehow this gets set:

TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC='-I/usr/local/include'

but i couldn't figure out where or how to override it.  since configure
doesn't respect CPPFLAGS i've had to resort to appending
-I${LOCALBASE}/include/tcl8.4 to CFLAGS.  the above no longer works and
appending this to CFLAGS is rather hacky.  i'd be more than happy to
provide you with any information you need in order to get this working
in a sane way.

- jolan