The MFC date is stored as a floating point number, the unix
date as a long integer. The MFC style date, used through out
windows has a maximum date of somewhere around 2038AD. The unix
variant goes several thousand years farther.

You could certainly store the float date as a float type field
but none of the date functions built into the sqlite engine would
work with them. The unix variant will work with sqlite functions.

Also, be aware that due to rounding of MFC
dates you will occasionally get cases where dates that appear
identical will not match because of floating point precision
and Microsoft display routines that do not display fractional seconds.

--- "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to store MFC date (CTime or COleDateTime) value in sqlite, but
>
> don't know what is the best way to store it. I am running into
> trouble
> when I store date as Text in sqlite, because I can't no longer apply
> sqlite date time functions( datetime(), date()...) to it. Result in I
>
> can't do a order by the date filed.
>
> The other question would be does sqlite have date limits (Upper Bound
>
> and Lower Bound) for the datetime() functions.

=====

---------------------------------

"Lord Tarlington gazed upon the crazed Egyptian hieroglyphics on the walls of
the ancient tomb of the petrified pharaoh, he vowed there would be no curse on
him like on that other Lord, unless you count his marriage to Lady Tarlington
who, when the lost treasure was found, will be dumped faster than that basket
in the bulrushes."
  Melissa Rhodes

The Castles of Dereth Calendar: a tour of the art and architecture of Asheron's
Call
http://www.lulu.com/content/77264