The fact is, the pragmas regarding column names now seem completely
broken, as they do absolutely nothing. Was this by design, or a new bug
?

-----Original Message-----
From: D. Richard Hipp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 1:08 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Version 3.1.3 is a headache

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 22:43 +0100, Jakub Adamek wrote:
> Hi, I really love SQLite, but upgrading to 3.1.3 was not a good idea.
> I have already posted 3 tickets with rather serious problems with
> column names.
>
> The last one is really annoying and I can't believe the auto-tests
> could have missed it ...
>
>    create table a (id, x);
>    create table b (id, y);
>    insert into a values (1,1);
>    insert into b values (1,2);
>    select * from a inner join b;
>
>      column names returned: id,x,id,y How am I supposed to use such
> column names? Ouwey. No wonder that my C++ wrapper does not want to
> work with such a result set.

Your tickets are unhelpful and will likely be ignored.  Rather than
complain about the column names, perhaps you can present alternative
suggestions.  Posting what PostgreSQL, Oracle, and MySQL do with the
same queries would be a good start.  Explaining why you think the
current names are undesirable (instead of just saying "Ouwey") would
also be a positive step toward getting the problem addressed.
--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>