On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 11:12 +0200, Cariotoglou Mike wrote:
> I understand that this "column names" issue is becoming a pain for the
> sqlite authors, but OTOH, it is very important for wrapper authors...

Why?  Why does anybody care what the column names in the result
are?  What are the column names used for other than to print a
header at the top of a table for human-readable output?

Remember that not all wrappers are done by third parties.
I ship the TCL wrapper with SQLite and for some reason I
have never felt the need to turn on long_names or short_names.
The default column names, whatever they might be, have
generally been acceptable.

So what is the difference?  What are all these other
wrappers doing that requires specific column names formats?
--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>