--- "D. Richard Hipp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I find it utterly amazing that a machine with bad memory could
> run a full-blown Linux desktop and a copy of Win2K running in
> VMWare for days on end without showing a problem, then suddenly
> begin having trouble with the SQLite regression suite.  Yet that
> is what appears to have happened.

I had the same sort of thing happen. The machine just would not
compile the linux source. Luckily it had different errors each time
which is what tripped me to look for a hardware problem.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Has a nifty tester with an ISO image. You can make a bootable cd
to test your machine. It makes a great addition to your test tools
suite.