Right; I was thinking of checkpoint stuff, in a sense.  Smaller
transactions make things waaay slower :) .

--Keith

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:03:45 -0500 (EST), Clay Dowling
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Keith Herold said:
> > I have a batch process that commits sets of 25 pre-built sql scripts
> > on a timed basis.  I have been wrapping the execution of all 25 sets
> > in a single begin...end transaction set.  The problem is that if any
> > of those scripts fails to execute properly, than all 25 scripts are
> > rolled back.  It would be nice to get a bit better granuality, with
> > partial commits or something.
>
> That's pretty much the definition of a transaction.  Everything succeeds
> or everything fails.  Smaller transactions are what you want.  The things
> that should succeed or fail together go in the same transaction.
>
> Clay Dowling
> --
> Lazarus Notes from Lazarus Internet Development
> http://www.lazarusid.com/notes/
> Articles, Reviews and Commentary on web development

- Ever notice how 'big' isn't, compared to 'small'?

- I'm not a professional; I just get paid to do this.

- Rules for programming:
   1.  Get it working, right?
   2.  Get it working right.

- Things I've learned about multithreaded programming:

    123...   PPArrvooottieedcc ttm  ueelvvteeirrtyyhtt
rhheiianndgge  dwi hnpi rctohhg eri aslm omscitanalgt
 iowcbh,je engceltvo ebwrah lip,co hso srci abonlt ehb
.ee^Nr waicscee snsoetd  'aotb jtehcet -slaomcea lt'il
m^Ne from two or more threads