Hi Dan,

Ah yes, of course (I knew this was a newbie question ;-) ). So I guess I will have to use sqlite3_get_table in this case.

 Thank you for the enlightment,

Leif

Dan Kennedy wrote:

--- Leif Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   Hi All,

   I'm quite new to SQLite, but like it very much.

I am trying it out for an existing applicationm which seems good, but I have one problem:

How do I get the number of rows in the result set after having called sqlite3_prepare( ... ) ? Of course I could call sqlite3_step() until no more rows are returned, but isn't there a better way ?

It can't be done. Calling sqlite3_prepare() just compiles the SQL to bytecode (see the EXPLAIN command). It doesn't actually read any data from the database file (except maybe the schema from sqlite_master).

Dan.