On Apr 7, 2005 7:44 AM, Kervin L. Pierre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I know your pain :) .  Finer grain locking would be
> great.

Yes. We may simply be trying to use SQLite for something it just
wasn't designed for. On the other hand, if you are using SQLite as
your single-user database, it would be just so cool if you could
"drop" those same databases on a server and turn them into multi-user
databases.

> The only problem I see is that you'd have to call
> that trigger on every write. To at least check for
> a lock.  Would that be an acceptable performance
> hit for you?

Yes, performance is my big concern. But I'm wondering if triggers
aren't fairly optimized. I guess I'm going to find out :)

> Another solution, if it suits your environment would
> be to create a 'record' object or struct and give
> each object a mutex.

That is also a very interesting idea. Thanks.