What APIs are you guys using to retrieve results and execute the
subsequent updates?  Are you using prepare/step or sqlite3_exec with a
callback to retrieve the results?  Would it be possible for you to post
more detailed pseudo-code?  Conceptually I think we're all on the same
page; I think what we're unclear about is exactly how you're trying to
accomplish this.

   Thanks
   -Tom