On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:57:19AM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
> One of your problems is that you are using single quotes for a delimited
> identifier, "Open|SpeedShop", when you should be using double quotes.
>
> Single quotes means a string literal in the SQL standard, where double quotes
> a delimited identifier, which are very different things.
>
> On the other hand, I think the SQL standard lets you define your own
> delimiter, for delimited identifiers, but even in that case it seems wrong to
> pick the same kind as that which always means string literal.

Thanks for the advice, Darren. I used ' instead of " for no other reason than
it allowed me to put SQL in my C++ source without \" all over. As something of
a SQL newbie, I wasn't aware that there was a distinction. Using ' worked, had
the desired result, and so I went with it... I'll look into this more and
consider changing it in our code.

-- William Hachfeld