basil thomas wrote:
As for storing queries, I'm not sure how useful this feature is given
that the database engine itself is part of your program.  For simple
queries your best bet is a static sqlite3_stmt object, which you prepare
once at program initiation and refer back to each time it is needed.
Just remember to reset the statement after each query execution.  For
more complex logic you can couple this trick with functions that choose
which query to execute.

Clay Dowling

Yes I am already creating static statement objects at program init time. That is not the problem. I just do not want the SQL source in my source code as i would like to control the SQL source seperately inside the database I can use all of the c++ functions and do whatever I want. That is not my point either. I am just asking for a standard way to have stored procedures that do exactly the the same simple queries as I am creating now but just implemented as another database object like triggers. The triggers in SQLite are simpled stored procedures fired by SQLite. I just want my own stored procedures fired by my user code. This is a just a simple request that I think others would find usefull. I am already implementing all the other features in my code that simulates a single process/multi-threaded server database. We are using SQLite just as a storage engine as we are fully implementing an xml database on top of SQLite.

What's the objection to reading your SQL source out of the database and preparing it at program startup?