Robert G. Ristroph wrote:

   I am building sqlite 3.2.2 on windows with MS VC++ 6.0.  I am doing this
because I believe I need the .lib file to use the .dll with my code.

Hi Robert,

You don't need to build SQLite in VC++ to generate the .lib file. VC++ includes a utility program called lib that is used to make a suitable lib file for a dll. All you need to do is feed the sqlite3.def file included in the SQLite source to this utility and it will generate a lib file for you. You then add the lib file to your project, and it will load and use the API functions in sqlite3.dll. A sample lib command line is given below.

 lib /machine:i386 /def:sqlite3.def

HTH
Dennis Cote