Hi,

I use SQLite 3.0.8 with Quicklite 1.5.0 as wrapper for
it on Mac OS X 10.3.

I made a simple test which creates a table with 10000
rows. The table contains an indexed column named
'Path'.

This is the query I ran:

for i=0 to 1000 do
begin
         begin exclusive/immediate transaction

         select where Path=<some path>

         end transaction
end

If I use simple beginTransation, the for cycle ends in
8 seconds which is a good time.

The problem:
If I use beginImmediateTransaction or
beginExclusiveTransaction the for cycle ends in 9
minutes. The first 10-20 queries run ok, but after
that, the beginExclusive/ImmediateTransaction
instructions eat more and more time increasingly. At
the end of the , one single select lasts between 1/2
and 1 second which IS VERY MUCH.

If you'll argue that I should include the whole cycle
in a transation, the reason why I don't do that is
that my application executes some queries on the table
from time to time.

Please help,
Fabian