On Aug 20, 2005, at 1:25 AM, Edwin Knoppert wrote:

v3.2.1, i opened a textfile containing a simple list not related to sqlite.
Was testing my error handler but it still opens it.

Do you mean you called sqlite3_open? I believe sqlite3_open does not
yet test to see if the database is truly a SQLite 3 database. And I
can't remember the exact details, but I think it is possible that if
you open a non-database and then start trying to use it, SQLite blows
away whatever is in it and turns it into a SQLite 3 database. So you
might want to be kinda careful about opening non-databases with SQLite.

--
REALbasic database options: http://sqlabs.net
REALbasic news and tips: http://rbgazette.com