> I tried to see what MS SQL would do but it does not allow creation of the
> tables primary key with any NULL segments.

This is the correct behavior; I thought SQLite enforced that. You
can duplicate the correct behavior by adding <not null> to the
spec for each PK column.

> Does that mean I need to do my own check for an existing record instead of
> using insert or replace?

If you're going to allow nulls in primary keys, SQLite's behavior
is correct; nulls are not equal to each other for the purpose of
determining column uniqueness -- so the answer to your question
is yes if you're going to allow nulls.

Regards