On 10/29/16, Yuri <y...@rawbw.com> wrote:

> After the reboot the table still existed but was blank. The file was
> about the same size, but had large zeroed areas, and no rows in this
> table. Other table still had rows.
>

> How could this have happened that data could get lost like that? I was
> under the impression that SQLite is safe during such special conditions?
>

> SQLite should preserve data in such case, it should fail operations that
> can't be performed, but the old data should absolutely stay intact.

That is what is suppose to happen - everything should be preserved.
This is tested extensively and there are no known problems in SQLite
that can cause the behavior you observe.  But perhaps you have come
across something nobody has yet seen or thought of.  (Or perhaps the
problem is with some other component other than SQLite - we don't know
yet.)

Do you have a way to reproduce the problem?  Do you have any
additional information that might help us to reproduce it here?

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org