I'm back in the office today -- let me have a quick crack at the issue before you settle on something. I've got a pretty good idea how to clean it up.

I don't like using the MSLU because its a dependency that up until now SQLite has not had. Since the unicows.dll is not part of a standard Windows installation, it would require developers to redistribute that DLL in addition to the sqlite DLL.

Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "D. Richard Hipp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:53 AM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Please test on Win95/98/ME

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 08:35 -0700, Roger Binns wrote:
> To sum up: You need to convert UTF-8 to UTF-16-LE first. Then,
> if the OS is NT, you can pass these to the ...W functions.
> Otherwise, you need to further convert to ANSI user codepage
> and pass it to the ...A functions.

Alternatively tell people to link against unicows if they need
win9x support and you can stick to only using the W functions.

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/handson/dev/mslu_announce.mspx

I like this solution a lot.  This is probably what I will
end up doing unless somebody can suggest a good reason not
to.
--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>