On 12/7/16, Ralf Junker <ralfjun...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Side note: I notice that the SQLite binaries (Windows, at least) are not
> compiled with SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST and not affected by the problem.
> Is there a reason to omit SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST from the builds, as
> it adds at least some overhead?

The reason to omit SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST is that it renders SQLite
untestable.

By "untestable" in the previous sentence, I mean it make it impossible
to do 100% MC/DC testing of the delivered binary.  This means, for
example, that we cannot verify that the compiler didn't make an error
while translating the SQLite source code into machine code.

The SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST option is untested and unsupported.

There has been a proposal circulating among the developers to disable
SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST.  In other words, make
SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST a no-op.  Your report adds fresh impetus to
that proposal.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org