On 12/30/16, Bennett Haselton <bennetthasel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Presumably it's not possible for a tool to output a detailed message
> like "Your file was generated by SQLite library version 3.6.2, but this
> tool only supports versions up to 3.5.1",

OK.  I have your request to enhance the error message that is issued
when the library encounters a later version of the database.  If that
change makes it into the core, it will take effect with version 3.17.0
or later.  (3.16.0 has already entered testing.)  Unfortunately, all
versions of SQLite from 3.0.0 through 3.16.0 just return
SQLITE_NOTADB.  And so the problem will persist for the billion copies
of SQLite that are already in circulation.  But we can't really change
that.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org