Hi, How can I paginate fts5 queries when ordered by rank?

Normailly I use an index on an expression that gives me something to put in a
WHERE exp > X and then also ORDER BY exp. Exp always has to be deterministic so
it might be a text field (name or whatever) concatenated to a fixed length text
id field to resolve matching names.

But how to do this same technique with FTS5? I can't use an expression index
that includes rank as far as I know. Also ordering on anything but just rank
seems to build a temp b tree in the explain plan which is too slow.

Is the order by rank already secondary sorted by rowid?