On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 6:35 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 2/1/17, Kevin O'Gorman <kevinogorm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a database of positions and moves in a strategic game, and I'm
> > searching for unsolved positions that have been connected to an immediate
> > ancestor.  I'm using Python 3.5.2, and the code looks like
>
> Please provide us with the following additional information:
>
> (1) In python, run the query: "SELECT sqlite_version(),
> sqlite_source_id();"
>
> (2) In a recent sqlite3 command-line shell (the latest release, not
> whatever 5-year-old release happens to be installed on your system)
> bring up your database and run the command:
>
>      .fullschema --indent
>
> And send in the output.
>
> (3) Download the bundle of command-line tools for your OS, then run
> the command "sqlite3_analyzer" on your database, and send in the
> output.
>
> Thanks.

I am unable to comply with items 2 and 3.  I can download the linux x86
versions, which I expected would run on my x86-64 system, but they don't.
Instead, even when I point right at them, they report "No such file or
directory".  I take this to mean that there is some file they do not find,
like a library, and they report the error code in their return status.

However, my "recent" software reports:
 SQLite version 3.11.0 2016-02-15 17:29:24
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> .fullschema --indent
Usage: .fullschema
sqlite> .fullschema
CREATE TABLE base64 (
            b64char CHAR NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
            b64val  INTEGER);
CREATE TABLE pos (
            pnum INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT,
            ppos CHAR(64) NOT NULL,
            pcensus INTEGER NOT NULL,
            pscore INTEGER,
            pstate CHAR DEFAULT "N" NOT NULL,
            pmin INTEGER DEFAULT -99 NOT NULL,
            pmax INTEGER DEFAULT 99 NOT NULL,
            pmain CHAR(64));
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX pipos ON pos (ppos);
CREATE TABLE move (
            mfrom INTEGER NOT NULL,
            mto   INTEGER NOT NULL,
            mtype CHAR NOT NULL,
            mcell INTEGER NOT NULL,
            mvalue INTEGER,
            ma INTEGER DEFAULT -99,
            mb INTEGER DEFAULT 99,
            PRIMARY KEY (mfrom, mto, mcell));
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mrev ON move (mto, mfrom, mcell);
CREATE TABLE expanded (
            census INTEGER NOT NULL,
            number INTEGER NOT NULL,
            pos CHAR(64),
            PRIMARY KEY (census, number));
ANALYZE sqlite_master;
ANALYZE sqlite_master;
INSERT INTO sqlite_stat1 VALUES('move','mrev','48329866 2 2 1');
INSERT INTO sqlite_stat1 VALUES('move','sqlite_autoindex_move_1','48329866
38 2 1');
INSERT INTO sqlite_stat1 VALUES('pos','pipos','74409802 1');
INSERT INTO sqlite_stat1 VALUES('base64','sqlite_autoindex_base64_1','64
1');
ANALYZE sqlite_master;
sqlite>

The analyzer is not included in my distribution or its repositiories, as
far as I can tell.  This is Xubuntu, which is a flavor of Ubuntu, which is
derived from Debian.

I'm not sure I want to build your entire software suite.  Perhaps you'd
care to download my database, which I freshly tar-ed and gzip-ed to
http://kosmanor.com/917/917.db.tgz
the databse is 21 GB; the tar is 3.1 GB

--
word of the year: *kakistocracy*