Thank you for all the responses and a speedy resolution.  For complete-ness: I
am using the older Xcode 6.4 – “Apple LLVM version 6.1.0 (clang-602.0.53)
(based on LLVM 3.6.0svn)”.

Now that the problem has been fixed in 3.17 branch I will use that.

On 2017-02-15, 8:20 AM, "drhsql...@gmail.com on behalf of Richard Hipp"
<drhsql...@gmail.com on behalf of d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

    On 2/14/17, Anthony Chan (antchan2) <antch...@cisco.com> wrote:

    > I tried building SQLite 3.17.0 with OSX/Xcode and got the following
errors:

    Several possible fixes, any one of which will work:

    (1) Update your Xcode to the latest from Apple

    (2) Compile using the -DSQLITE_DISABLE_INTRINSIC compile-time option

    (3) Use the latest SQLite code from trunk
    (https://www.sqlite.org/src/info/trunk) or from branch-3.17
    (https://www.sqlite.org/src/info/branch-3.17).  Click on one of the
    "Tarball" or "ZIP Archive" links to download the complete source code.

    (4) Apply the patch shown at
    https://www.sqlite.org/src/vpatch?from=ada05cfa86ad7f56&to=8d3f485d86b2f2d8

    --
    D. Richard Hipp