Behalf Of Rob Richardson
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 2:23 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database (sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org)
Subject: [sqlite] How to use parameterized queries in SQLite.Net

Hello again.

Since my attempt to find the official answer for myself has hit a snag, I'll
just ask here.

The examples I've seen for parameterized queries used with the SQLiteCommand
class have shown named parameters, and the names usually begin with an "@"
character.  Is that character required for named parameters?  Is that the
correct leading character?  Is it required to include that leading character in
the name given to the SQLiteParameter object?

I'm used to using the System.Data.ODBC classes, which do not support named
parameters, but they do support unnamed parameters, represented by question
marks.  The order in which the parameters are attached to the command object
determines the association between the parameter object and the query
parameter.  Unnamed parameters would be easier for me to work with than named
ones.  Does SQlite.Net support unnamed parameters?

Thank you.

RobR