On Fri, 31 Mar 2017, Richard Hipp wrote:

I don't understand it either.  I was told that some systems required
it so I put it in.  It did not break on any of the systems that we
test on, so I assumed that it was a good patch.

Unfortunately, the requirement for it depends on how libedit was compiled. The configure script needs to be smart and only apply dependency libraries if they are needed.

libtinfo is an ncurses library. If you are not using ncurses (or the ncurses does not provide libtinfo), then it is not the correct library to use.

I did provide some warning about this issue when I sent the sample patch to Richard.

If need be, I can help and provide a more portable patch than my sample.

Bob