Subject: Re: [sqlite] "struct Mem" conflicts with namespaces/classes having the
same name
Local Time: April 9, 2017 11:19 PM
UTC Time: April 9, 2017 8:19 PM
From: bfrie...@simple.dallas.tx.us

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017, dip wrote:

> sqlite3.c is C file. C does not support namespaces.
> Even though another project files are .cpp, sqlite3.c is still compiled as C
> language source.
> Therefore, no ability to use "using namespace" in sqlite3.c.
> Also, "using namespace" does not actually put functions in the source in
> namespace. It just helps it find another functions without specifying
> namespace name.

Nevertheless, it is possible to include the C header file within a C++
namespace and then import the functions you need into the namespace
used by your own C++ code or refer to them specifically within the
namespace you created. I have done this successfully across many C++
compilers for 19 years already.

It would definitely be best if sqlite does not pollute the name space
with names not starting from a common prefix.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
GraphicsMagick Maintainer, http://www.GraphicsMagick.org/