Hello,

After logging in to Windows 10, I open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and
change the code page to Unicode (UTF-8)

>chcp 65001
Active code page: 65001

then I test this with a UTF-8 file -

>type utf8test.txt
néo66€

next I execute sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3190200\sqlite3.exe and check the
encoding

sqlite> pragma encoding;
UTF-8

then I try to print some characters to screen -

sqlite> select char(0x006e); --Unicode LATIN SMALL LETTER N
sqlite> select char(0x00e9); --Unicode LATIN SMALL LETTER E WITH ACUTE

sqlite> select char(0x006f); --Unicode LATIN SMALL LETTER O
sqlite> select char(0x20ac); --Unicode EURO SIGN
?

only the ascii characters are displayed correctly. Next I test outputting
the euro sign to a file -

sqlite> .once eurotest.txt
sqlite> select char(0x20ac); --unicode EURO SIGN
sqlite> .quit

.. and from the command prompt -

>type eurotest.txt
€

Why can't I display these Unicode characters from sqlite3 command line
utility?

P.S I have a similar in powershell but not in Ubuntu.