On 6/8/17, Karl Sanders <karlsander...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know if an encrypted database allows hot backups and
> page sizes different from the default one.

Yes and Yes.

> Is encryption applied to everything that gets written to disk?
> Including transient indices and materializations of views and subqueries?

The database file and rollback journal or WAL file are all encrypted.
Actually, in the rollback journal and WAL file, the meta-data is not
encrypted, just the page images that will be written back into the
database.

Transient indexes and materializations of views and subqueries are not
encrypted.  I recommend you set "PRAGMA temp_store=MEMORY" so that
those objects are never written to disk.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org