On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 12 Jun 2017, at 11:01pm, Scott Robison <sc...@casaderobison.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it fair to say that the rowid aliasing behavior does not require
>> (by design) the incantation "INTEGER PRIMARY KEY" (all three words in
>> that order as the "type") as long as the type is INTEGER and the
>> constraint PRIMARY KEY appears somewhere in the column's constraint
>> list?
>
> FAQ #1 is specifically worded …
>
> <https://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q1>
>
> But you’re being very specific.  I think you’re right but someone who has
> read the source code might know otherwise.

The question was raised at work so I got curious about it. It makes
sense to me that the rowid aliasing behavior would only be determined
after lexing and parsing the SQL statement, but the documentation
statements of "INTEGER PRIMARY KEY" being necessary led some people
(understandably) down a path thinking you needed those three words in
that order (perhaps).

--
Scott Robison