On 10 Jul 2017, at 9:17am, mohan_gn <mohan...@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Since our product is already in field with older
> version of SQLite, we want to know this bug's impact. We use simple queries
> like 'select * from abc where col1=123 and col2=456'. We don't use any
> JOINs, VIEWs, nested queries. The tables we use do have primary keys and
> foreign keys.
> So I wanted to know whether in our cases the bug will impact and whether we
> may be affected.

You do not say which version of SQLite your product uses.  If it’s earlier than
3.7.7 or later than 3.16.2 then it is not affected.

Temporary indexes are made when there is no index ideally suited to your ORDER
BY and WHERE clauses.  If your queries execute quickly because you have made
the right indexes then this bug will not affect you.  See section 12.0 of

<https://www.sqlite.org/optoverview.html#autoindex>

You can execute each of your SELECT/INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE commands with EXPLAIN
QUERY PLAN in front of it, and check the output to see if it mentions a
temporary index:

<https://www.sqlite.org/eqp.html>

Simon.