Yes, right after opening the database, I want o perform a vacuuming so that the new tables can be created, writing and/or read.

On 2017-09-01 4:31 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
Hi,
What are you trying to achieve?
Are you trying to perform a "VACUUM" command on the data base?

Thank you.

On Sep 1, 2017 2:23 PM, "Papa" <p...@arbolone.ca> wrote:

In this snip, I'd like to show a brief description of what the class member
function should do, in order to ask you if the SQL statement has been
properly prepared.
     sqlite3* db; //!< Data Base
     std::string database_name; //!< The name of the database
     std::string sql_statement_request; //!< Formated SQL request
     sqlite3_stmt* binary_sql_statement; //!< SQL binary statement

     assign values to the above strings
     open the database

     sql_statement_request = database_name + L" \"VACUUM; \" ";
     // Compiled the SQL statement into a byte-code
     rc = sqlite3_prepare_v2(db,
             sql_statement_request.data(),
             -1,
             &binary_sql_statement,
             NULL);

I get an error indicating that binary_sql_statement evaluates to NULL.
I being a SQL with C++ newbie, I'd like to ask much patience from you.
Thanks

--
ArbolOne.ca
Using Fire Fox and Thunderbird.