On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 08:41:25 -0400
"Jason T. Slack-Moehrle" <slackmoeh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Off and on for the last few years I have been writing an e-mail
> client to scratch a personal itch. I store the mail in SQLite and
> attachments on the file system. However, I recently brought in all of
> my mail for the last 15 years from mbox format. Now, my database size
> is over 10gb. I'm not seeing any real performance issues and my
> queries are executing nice and fast during search.
>
> However, does anyone have any thoughts about the size? Should I be
> concerned? Is there a theoretical limit I should keep in the back of
> my mind?

I developed and use a filesystem over sqlite db, focused on filesizes
<1MB and worm (write-once-read-many) access pattern. Some sqlite dbs
have 500GB-1TB (few even bigger) on mechanical disks without speed
problems.

Easy to backup, use fts on someones and can attach-deattach filesystems
db. One advice, increase sqlite internal cache, don't use its default
value.

> Jason

---   ---
Eduardo Morras <emorr...@yahoo.es>