On 6 Nov 2017, at 10:38pm, Nicholas Lovell <nicholas.lov...@tivo.com> wrote:

> When getting sqlite_corrupt when reading from a database, is there a way to
> know if a particular failure came from reading/initializing a page from a WAL
> file, or the database disk file?

Obtain the extended error code to learn more than you already know:

<https://sqlite.org/c3ref/errcode.html>
<https://sqlite.org/rescode.html#extrc>

> Specifically I've been seeing a number of failures around btreeInitPage.
> However when I pull up the saved copies I make whenever corruption occurs and
> run "pragma integrity_check", its coming up as "ok".

What exactly are you "saving" ?  The database file ?  Or the WAL file too ?  Or
the SHM file too ?

It would probably be useful to figure out what’s causing your corruption.  What
PRAGMAs does your program use under normal use ?  Are you using anything clever
like shared cache ?  Also, is your database stored on a disk in the computer
running SQLite or it is accessed remotely, perhaps across a network ?

Simon.