Do you allow the entity framework to create your database, or do you
do it yourself?

You need text affinity on the columns in question. Then any numbers
will be stored as text, not numbers.

See:
https://sqlite.org/datatype3.html

Particularly:

3.1. Determination Of Column Affinity

The affinity of a column is determined by the declared type of the
column, according to the following rules in the order shown:

1) If the declared type contains the string "INT" then it is assigned
INTEGER affinity.

2) If the declared type of the column contains any of the strings
"CHAR", "CLOB", or "TEXT" then that column has TEXT affinity.