Hi,

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Warren Young <war...@etr-usa.com> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 2017, at 7:49 AM, Nelson, Erik - 2
> <erik.l.nel...@bankofamerica.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Also when you're forced to use a third party ticket system, fossil i
>>> missing one of its big advantages.
>>
>> I'm no Fossil expert, but it does seem to have a ticketing system.  Is there
>> something in particular functionality missing?
>
> I think he’s saying that being forced to use a third-party ticketing system
> is a problem in itself, and it means you lose out on some of the features you
> get by integrating the bug tracker tightly with the VCS as Fossil and GitHub
> do: cross-linking checkin comments and bug IDs, etc.
>
> Some people like running a separate bug tracker to get more features, but of
> course you can do that with Fossil as well.
>
> Third-party bug trackers often have built-in ways to integrate with Git —
> network effects again — whereas to integrate Random Bug Tracker III with
> Fossil, you’d probably have to do a lot of local scripting.
>
> One thing about evaluating Fossil’s ticket tracker: it’s quite configurable.
> Don’t judge it solely on how it ships out of the box.  It may be easy to
> adjust it to fix any mismatches between your expectations and the default
> configuration.

I'm curious - is there a way for a Git{Hub}/Fossil to set up a
synchronized ticketing system?
If I have a trac and my project is on Git{Hub} - how hard wll it be to
synchronize between a trac tickets and Git{Hub} PR?

Moreover - it looks like this should be pushed further and further
away, because there is so much in-needed stuff to implement....

Thank you.