Hello and happy new year.

After long time i am using sqlite in a free and closed code application i would
like to make my database file encrypted.

The database is created through this program and also is updated through it
without the user to know about its internal functions.

My first steps i made for encyption nowadays is that i read and test some free
encryptions around the net such as sql cipher and some others but i have some
doubts if this is correct cause inside the sqlite3.cpp in the section that i
define SQLITE_HAS_CODEC it says that is not in the public domain.

So what i want to ask is this :

If i want to make my database file encrypted do i have to purchase a license
and be able to use encryption for sqlite3 or

i can do it with any free program without having to pay for a license ?

Can anyone unfog me a bit ?