Bob,

Thanks for the information. Are the required dependencies for Sqlite listed anywhere? I'm unable to compile on Linux and it appears as though I'm missing a dependency or two. Any idea where I can check those?

Thanks,
John

Robert L Cochran wrote:

I think sqlite3.h is generated for you automatically as part of the build process from source code and it will be later installed for you in the include directory. You must actually compile sqlite from the source code.

For Linux, why not just download sqlite-3.2.7.tar.gz (the linux source code), untar it, and build from that?

wget http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-3.2.7.tar.gz
tar -xvzf sqlite-3.2.7.tar.gz
cd sqlite-3.2.7
mkdir bld
cd !$
../configure --enable-utf8 --includedir=/usr/include
[fix any errors...you might need to install the readline development package, etc...if you get an error, fix it, then rerun ./configure...]
make
[fix any errors if make doesn't finish successfully. Warnings about signedness differences under gcc4 are okay.]
su
make install
exit
su -
ldconfig
exit

At this point you should be ready to build your own C/C++ programs that include sqlite3. You'll see the sqlite files in /usr/local/include if you compiled with the default installation path options.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

JohnD wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to Sqlite and am trying to create a simple C/C++ program. I've downloaded both the binary and the CVS source but can't seem to locate the sqlite3.h header file.

Is there any document that details what I need to do in order to set up an environment to be able to write and compile my own C/C++ programs on either Windows or Linux?