> On Feb 7, 2018, at 12:34 AM, Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de> wrote:
>
> Java's garbage collection handles memory.  For any other kind of
> resource, you should use try-with-resources statements.

Yes, like the way our .NET API uses IDisposable. But we can't _force_
developers to use try-with-resources, and we don't want an opportunity for a
customer to corrupt databases because they forgot to use one, especially since
it might take hours or days of time for our support engineers to figure out
that's what they did.

> That "wrapper directory" sounds as if you already have a mechanism to
> run the test in a custom directory, so use a different directory name.

Sure, in our unit tests. But developers using our library can create and delete
databases wherever they want, and it's not unheard-of for an app to delete a
database and then create a replacement at the same path.

Anyway, looks like Dan has fixed the problem, so this is moot now!

—Jens