On 21 Feb 2018, at 3:34pm, Deon Brewis <de...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Yes, definitely the main thread - we close down the database during
> applicationWillTerminate. It gives us 5 seconds to exit before it triggers
> the watchdog.

Okay, that all sounds right, and the dump you pasted suggested everything
worked right.  I know a lot about the iOS application cycle, somewhat less
about SQLite.

>> "If the offending call really was "sqlite3LeaveMutexAndCloseZombie" then you
>> may have some sort of mismanagement in your code"
>
> What do you mean by that? Is it abnormal for sqlite3close to call
> sqlite3LeaveMutexAndCloseZombie?

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that.  My concern was that it's abnormal for
"sqlite3LeaveMutexAndCloseZombie" to take five seconds to execute.  This is
rare, and suggested that perhaps some other part of your application (maybe
your own code, maybe SQLite code) had abandoned the mutex.  But it seems you're
doing everything right and the 5 second delay mystifies me.

DRH says that a crash of any sort should not be corrupting the database.  If
you can reliably demonstrate it happening, I'm sure it's something he'd like to
investigate.

Simon.