[1] https://sqlite.org/download.html

>> contains support for UPSERT
>> following the PostgreSQL syntax.
>>  The documentation is still pending.
>> Nevertheless, early feedback is welcomed.  You can respond either to
>> this mailing list, or directly to me.
>
> Postgres UPSERT?!?
>
> Wouldn’t a standard ANSI MERGE be more appropriate?

We are open to adding MERGE INTO at some point in the future.  But the
UPSERT syntax is both easier to understand and easier to implement,
and we prefer to follow PostgreSQL syntax whenever possible.  See
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/UPSERT#SQL_MERGE_syntax for
PostgreSQL's rationale for rejecting MERGE.

MySQL also has UPSERT but no MERGE.  The MySQL UPSERT syntax is
similar, but omits the constraint-target clause following the ON
CONFLICT.  So if there are multiple uniqueness constraints, you never
know which one will receive the UPSERT in MySQL.  That seemed
problematic, so we dropped support for the MySQL syntax during
development.
--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org