Only the requirement for attribution in binaries. That can be significant in certain use cases.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

On 5/6/2018 6:19 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:
Hi all,

I had a quick question regarding the licensing of the delta compression
code found in the sqldiff and the RBU extensions for SqLite. I see that
this code is extracted from Fossil, which is under the BSD license. But
the header of the source files in the SqLite repository which contain
the delta compression code are marked as public domain. Does that mean
that the delta compression code extracted from Fossil is also public
domain? Could I borrow it from SqLite and use it without being bound by
the BSD license?
Does it matter whether the code is public domain or two-clause BSD?
There are no restrictions on its use in either case, are there?