This is a baby implementation of the master file merge from the early part of
the last century (after the stone knives but somewhat before bearskins).

Take two tables, one mounted on tape drive A, with output to tape drive B,
updated from a transaction file on tape drive C.  Start Friday night.  Come
Monday morning your master is now on drive B and up-to-date.

lot about anticipated traffic volume.