I can't remember if I asked this before.  Went to google and didn't find an
answer.

Could there be a plan put in place that would including an "OR" mask
character?

The reason I ask is that I've got a user input field that searches the
required field in a database using % as the "AND" statement, but, I'd like
to expand to include using "OR" as well, but, not have to rely on my
software to regenerate a SQL statement with multiple [Field LIKE
'%UserInput%"] statements.

I'd expect the LIKE to work the same as the % mask works now, in that each
OR statement is queried against the position of that mask.  So

select * from SomeComments where Comment like 'Beginning%|%End'

would return results where the SomeComments field begins with "Beginning"
or ends with "End".