Jens Alfke wrote:

On May 14, 2018, at 11:25 PM, Howard Chu <h...@symas.com> wrote:

Do you have a link to the currently updated version of this? Google gives me
projects that haven't been updated since 2015.

That's the most recent version. So far I haven't seen any compelling new
features in subsequent SQLite versions to warrant a resync of the code.

It looks to be based on SQLite 3.7.16. New features since then include partial
indexes, common table expressions, next-gen query planner, deferring foreign
keys, WITHOUT ROWID tables, row values, secure pointer passing for native
functions, sqlite3_serialize(), and the upcoming UPSERT … and that's just from
skimming through the release history. Plus of course all sorts of query planner
improvements, and misc. bug fixes.

Many of those new features resulted in performance regressions, which is the main reason I stayed away from them.

Partial indexes are a must-have for my use case, so when I ran across
SQLightning in 2016 I quickly gave up on it. There have also been three or four
bug fixes in recent SQLite releases that fixed serious problems we were having.

If you build a modified version of SQLite in such a way that it can't feasibly*
be updated by anyone but you, and then have no plans to keep it up to date, it
isn't a product anyone else can seriously use. It's more of a personal project,
or a gauntlet thrown down to the SQLite team. Which is fine as it goes, but I
don't think it's a good idea to suggest other people use it.

—Jens

* I've looked at the source. There's no version history in Git, no copy of the
original SQLite source files, and no markers I could find in the source that
show where your changes are. I quickly decided that trying to merge in a newer
version of SQLite would be a waste of time.

Nonsense.

https://github.com/LMDB/sqlightning/tree/mdb

You didn't look carefully enough, so you're in no position to offer advice.

--
  -- Howard Chu