Steve O'Hara wrote:
The attraction of a pure Java solution is obvious - if a client wants
this app to run on VMS then I've got to create another JNI library that
is VMS specific.  Id you've ever written any JNI you'll know why this
isn't an all together pleasurable experience.

Also - and this is *very* relevant for some platforms, sometimes you don't have access to C or DLL/libs on a platform. I work on MEAP (embedded java on Canon printers) and we have to get our Java source OK'd by canon before we are given a key to for installing it on general canon hardware. No chance at all that we'd be allowed to upload DLL's or compile C on the platform.

--

Lindsay